Thursday, August 13, 2009

Best mama in the world!

Today August 14, 2009, I asked my son to greet his Lola Happy Birthday. He's a bit surprised to know that today is the exact day. And then he replied: “Poor lola, it’s her birthday today and she's got injury." I said why did you thought about that? Lola is doing well now that the wound on her foot was stitched properly by the premium doctors in the finest hospital in our country, and one of the most expensive too.
Yes, that's how we love mama; we always give her the best because she deserved it, since mama is always giving her best for us.
That night when she got wounded, was one of her effort not to disburb me on my sleep. She was trying to fix/ reach the light herself instead of waking me up and ask me to do it; sadly she fell off the chair and stepped on a sharp and corroded object. I felt guilty about it actually, but I finally realized…that's mama. I mean she would do anything herself and try not to be a burden to others. At her age, she still clean the dishes, wash the cloths, take care of our kids, go to palengke provide our every needs, instead of actually being pampered and everything.
I said to my son, I believe that mama is not in poor condition. She’s got the best and most loving 8 siblings in the world, she’s got so many good-looking apo that I can’t count on my fingers, even those who were not with us anymore and those who are living abroad. She also managed to see her cute “apo sa tuhod” at mga “bibo at biba pa”. Mama is so lucky to have also the sweetest and caring “manugangs” in the world, and also to have the friendliest biyenans, so friendly that they visit and talk to her, watch “Eat Bulaga and Wowowee” almost everyday. She’s so lucky to have kins nationwide and worldwide that still remember and greet her even thru email. Not all moms get in the same situation as her.
I appreciate all of you who are showing your love to mama the best way you could, I can see all that because at my age I still have the priviledge of living beside her and I am so thankful about that. We did our best for the best mama in the world, and I supposed that if there is such thing as “better” than “the best” we will as well give it to her.
Let’s continue our effort, I know mama appreciates it and I know mama is happy with it. And this time, we can without a doubt say… “Happy Birthday Best Mama in the World!” "Happy Birthday Mama Elena Barcena!"

Sayang natakpan si Tonad sa Pic, tapos nasa Japan ng time na to si Kuya Jun at Ate Marie, ito kasi pinaka cute na picture ni mama eh.

1 comment:

  1. Halatang maka Marcos pa rin si mama, pero di bale naka yellow naman siya na dress hehe.

    ReplyDelete