Monday, August 10, 2009

Bayan DSL Turtle Net

It's been a month now or more I think that we are having trouble with the speed on our internet connection. Believe it or not, it's slower than the time when I was using that noisy ancient modem.
Well I was supposed to be doing my work by this time but I cant. I cant even check my Yahoo email:
My clients is loosing patience with me because they might be thinking that I was just making some excuses as if this is one on my many delaying tactics.
And you know what? That's not the only case...
"I can't even download Images from Flickr," my goodness it's just JPEG! My dinosaur modem during the early 90's can even download BMP "FAST".
Now?... What do I get?...
How is this possible? I can't even count the times I contacted their Customer Service and discuss my problem. Though in fairness to them they were taking some actions on their part like restarting the server and something like that, changing connections, changing the splitter and they even change my Modem into a brand new one?
BUT... What seemed to be wrong?
They often ask me to check the speed on "speedtest.net" and the result is always like this:

Well, according to them this test result is fast, I actually have 781KB/s Download speed and 745KB/s for upload.
But in reality, that's not what's happening to me.
So for the 4th time they asked me to Print Screen a speed diagnostic by running CMD.Exe just like this one:
This is to prove that I'm really geting a very very slow speed. They asked me to type "tracert www.yahoo.com "and email the result to them which I did, to my surprise on how stupid I am... I realized... how am I supposed to email this to them while the "email" itself is my problem?
So while waiting for my "yahoo email" to connect, I decided to write my rant about this. You know, It's not that I'm so against Bayan DSL, but you have to understand, I'm going to loose so many clients if this would keep on happening to me.
In fairness to Bayan DSL, they are accommodating unlike other internet customer service "based on others testimonies." But as of now, that's not what I needed, "I need internet connection". Ok I'll be patient on the speed for while, but my golly it's not even loading.
"Sigh" now that I'm finished Blogging about my madness, I actually checked if I could access yahoo mail which is loading for about 15 minutes now, and here's what I get:
If somebody out there knows the reason why this keeps on happening to my connection, feel free to comment below. I'm having trouble connecting on the following sites, Yahoo, Yahoo Mail, Flickr, Getty Images, Twitter, Facebook. Other than that, it's okay, "JUST Okay". YouTube is surprisingly fast though.
If this would keep on happening to me until after a week or so, I think I'll try another Internet Service Provider.
Bayan DSL, don't take this personally, I was just sharing my experience, and at the same time asking for help about my Internet problem that you yourself cannot pinpoint why.
I'm a paying customer, and I should get what you promised in return.
Help! I need HELP!
It's 12:49AM I can't work anymore, I need to sleep, Well I'll just post this Blog and hope that tomorrow will be a different kind of day, where every site is just one click away...
...Dream on!

1 comment:

  1. Now that I made a blog about this... surprisingly, our Internet connection gets incredibly fast.

    ReplyDelete